Cedar Tree Wellness Center and Teletherapy
Until further notice, Cedar Tree Wellness Center will be holding counseling sessions with our clients via teletherapy. Teletherapy is the online delivery of mental health therapy services via high-resolution, live video conferencing. Teletherapy sessions are very similar to traditional mental health sessions with one major exception. Instead of sitting in the same room, therapists and their clients interact via live video conferencing.
No sessions will be held in the office and the building will be closed. These measures are being taken to help minimize transmission of COVID-19 and are being done to protect our clients, counselors, and administrative staff, as well as the population as a whole. While we are doing everything we can to ease the transition to this new, temporary mode of services, we realize that it may not be completely seamless. Please be patient. We will still endeavor to answer your calls and provide the level of service to which you have grown accustomed and be responsive to your needs.
What Clients Can Expect.
- Please make sure you are in a private place where you can talk freely and not be overheard.
- You can use a smart phone, tablet, or computer for your teletherapy session. Please make sure you either have sufficient battery life to last for the duration of the session, or connect a power supply. As well, make sure your Internet connection is adequate.
hereto get the teletherapy platform's minimum system requirements.
- At least two hours prior to your session, if you have a copay amount, you will be sent a Square invoice via email so that you can easily and conveniently pay your copay for your next day's session. Enter your credit card information on the secure web form and return it as requested on the form. The invoice must be paid at least two hours prior to your session unless other arrangements are made.
- If the session is interrupted due to technical reasons, your counselor will call you on your phone. If the session cannot be held due to technical reasons, your invoiced amount will be credited to your account for your next session.
- On the day of the session, you will receive an email link from your counselor for the teletherapy session web page.
- At the time of the session, click on the link to be taken to the teletherapy session web page. Grant access to your microphone and camera, if requested.
- Your session will proceed much like your normal, in-person session.