Teletherapy Appointments Information
- Please make sure you are in a private place where you can talk freely and not be overheard.
- You can use a smart phone, tablet, or computer for your teletherapy session. Please make sure you either have sufficient battery life to last for the duration of the session, or connect a power supply. As well, make sure your Internet connection is adequate.
hereto get the teletherapy platform's minimum system requirements.
- If you have a copay amount, you will be sent a Square invoice via email prior to your session so that you can easily and conveniently pay online. Enter your credit card information on the secure web form and return it as requested on the form. The invoice must be paid prior to your session unless other arrangements are made.
- If the session is interrupted due to technical reasons, your counselor will call you on your phone. If the session cannot be held due to technical reasons, your invoiced amount will be credited to your account for your next session.
- On the day of the session, you will receive an email link from your counselor for the teletherapy session web page.
- At the time of the session, click on the link to be taken to the teletherapy session web page. Grant access to your microphone and camera, if requested.
- Your session will proceed much like your normal, in-person session.
In-Person Appointments Information
Covid-19 In-Person Services Policy
Cedar Tree Wellness Center strongly recommends that all sessions continue to be held via telehealth until such time when in-person sessions are deemed safe. Additionally, many insurance plans at this time offer 100% coverage for telehealth sessions while for in-person sessions clients may owe deductible, copay/coinsurance. At this time the majority of the sessions continue to be held via telehealth. In some cases some therapists may deem that in-person sessions are recommended or medically necessary. In such cases the therapist can choose to offer an in-person session. For any in-person session at this time, please refer to the following policy:
The COVID-19 virus is a serious and highly contagious disease which has required state and local health officials to provide guidelines in order to manage the spread of the virus. The staff at Cedar Tree Wellness Center have used these guidelines as the minimum standard for in person counseling services. For your safety and the safety of our staff and community, you must comply with all measures and protocols in order to receive in person services at Cedar Tree Wellness Center. These protocols are subject to change based on the best information we have from those health officials.
All clients and guests must wear a mask when in the common spaces.
All clients must wear a mask in the therapist office.
All clients must wash or disinfect their hands upon entering the building, after they use the restroom, and anytime they touch their faces.
All clients must maintain 6 feet of distance from anyone in the building, unless they are from the same household.
All clients must wait to enter the office until the start time of their session. Please wait outside or in your car until your therapist notifies you that they are ready. Currently, our waiting room is closed.
Only clients are allowed in the office. For children under 18, one parent/guardian may accompany client. Children and family members who are not clients of Cedar Tree Wellness Center are not permitted into the office.
All clients understand they will be asked COVID-19 screening questions about any symptoms they may have. Cedar Tree Wellness Center staff have the right to ask you to reschedule using telehealth if you answer Yes to any questions.
Clients who identify as a member of the vulnerable/high risk population must continue teletherapy until further notice. All clients who attend in person therapy sessions agree that they are not a member of the vulnerable or high risk population.
Clients who test positive for COVID and have attended an in-person therapy session in the past 2 weeks must notify their therapist immediately. If you should test positive for COVID, in-person services will be paused and telehealth will resume, for the duration of two weeks or until you are cleared by a doctor whichever is later.
In person visits are not available for every therapist of Cedar Tree Wellness Center, due to their personal needs and preferences.
We reserve the right to require telehealth appointments of any or all clients versus in person appointments if we feel it is necessary to maintain the safety of Cedar Tree Wellness Center staff and our clients.
Cedar Tree Wellness Center will continue to provide individual, couples and family therapy via a telehealth platform. We strongly recommend that clients continue to use telehealth for therapy services and that in-person sessions be used for clients with whom telehealth is not possible or recommended, such as clients with privacy or safety issues, clients who receive therapy by certain modalities that are not conducive to telehealth, and clients who need a higher intensity of care. By choosing in-person sessions over telehealth, you recognize the increased risk of contracting the virus in the office and accept that risk.